Sunday, December 14, 2008

The Motella's Xmas Supper

I went out to a wonderful meal with a bunch of other "motellas" this evening.

It's always great to share a drink, good food and relax amongst others in the motel industry.

I enjoy new learning new catch-phrases and this evening I came home with one that I will try and slip into conversation over the next week. I'm not too sure how I can do this, however I don't mind a challenge.

The catch-phrase was: "Alternate Drop"

The restaurant had a three course set menu for our group with a choice of two dishes for each course. Each time a course was served, the two dishes were served alternatively to each diner at the table.

Inevitably a bit of negotiated swapping occurred between diners at the beginning of each course, however in an odd way it seemed to work - No orders were taken and the set menu as was served in an "Alternate Drop" fashion.

Just goes to show that you never stop learning...

Click the "Get Widget" link below to place this widget on your website or blog!