Saturday, February 21, 2009

Motella on notice


I enjoy signs and notices that emerge from the accommodation industry. I particularly enjoy in-room signs that are often hand written with words screaming DONT and NOT. Capitalisation and underlining key words is often used for maximum effect. Blu-tack is usually the favored fixing method.

I keep a sign on my desk that has been typed by an old typewriter and laminated that was faithfully blu-tacked to the kitchen wall of a motel that shall remain nameless...it reads:
"ALL DISHES CREATED BY YOUR CULINARY EXPERTISE ARE YOUR RESPONSIBILITY AND NOT THE CLEANERS.

THANK YOU

MANAGMENT"
I have promised myself that if I ever have the urge to errect such a notice on the walls of any of my guest rooms then it will be time for me to gracefully leave the industry.

Click the "Get Widget" link below to place this widget on your website or blog!