Sunday, January 23, 2011

WINNER of the Atlas Shrugged Video Contest

I've read Ayn Rand's epic 1957 novel, ATLAS SHRUGGED several times and every few years I start to read it again...some years I finish it and others I become distracted.

This year I've decided to try a new media experience and have downloaded the multi-gigged Atlas Shrugged tome onto my iPhone as a talking book. So far I have enjoyed reliving Rand's fascinating yarn that has changed lives and introduced millions of readers to a new way of thinking.

After many years of being shunned from left-wing Hollywood producers, Atlas is to be finally made into a movie with part one of a trilogy due for a cinema release on 15 April 2011 (American Tax day!). I have mixed emotions as no film will ever do Atlas justice, however this will be a significant event that will be widely discussed. Hopefully this budget independent production will grow wings and against all-odds become a cinematic mainstream success.

Better read the book for yourselves in anticipation...(Click HERE).

As an aside, I was inspired by a young fellow, Reggie Schickel that recently won the annual, Atlas Shrugged Video Contest run by the Ayn Rand Institute. The competition encourages young filmmakers to creatively and passionately express their perspective on Ayn Rand's pertinent work that has greater relevance today than when it was first published over 50 years ago.

For those that haven't been exposed to Atlas this may offer some encouragement:

Click the "Get Widget" link below to place this widget on your website or blog!