Thursday, September 22, 2011

Motel Meal Times With Nigella

One of the frustrations of running a motel is meal times. 

Motel guests seem to have an uncanny ability to detect when a hapless motelier is about to sit down and eat. Why the phone or motel reception buzzer will inevitably demand attention whenever a hot meal is placed on the table is a great mystery that I suspect will never be solved.

There are times when sitting down for a meal at the motel can become somewhat of a chore. I have a rule that dictates that if I get interrupted more than three times during a meal then the food gets binned. 

Sometimes I would happily pop a meal substitute pill (if there were such a thing) in order to avoid the rigmarole that can occur when attempting to prepare and ingest food while being at the beck and call of the travelling public. 

So I guess there is good reason why I have never been caught up in all this obsession with food and spending time laboriously preparing sumptuous feasts as dictated by television celebrity chef idols.

Until now...

Click the "Get Widget" link below to place this widget on your website or blog!